working together to achieve a common understanding of regional environmental issues among voluntary and statutory bodies and to promote environmentally sustainable development
- to identify environmental issues of regional significance;
- to seek consensus among voluntary and statutory bodies;
- to promote a robust and coherent message and to participate actively in the regional debate;
- to ensure that key environmental messages are brought onto the sustainability agenda and given wider discussion;
- to communicate with the wider regional networks;
- to establish and maintain constructive dialogue with key regional bodies in the public, private and voluntary sectors, and to contribute positively/directly to the development of the key regional strategies;
- to nominate three (currently) representatives to the Regional Assembly (and to serve on its appropriate panels) and to other relevant regional bodies.
If you would like more on EEEF's responsibilities download Terms of Reference and Memorandum.